The art of media planning has evolved over the years. From silo or channel planning where media was guided only by the most competitive guided by data, to multi-channel planning where media is viewed as distinct, guided by the Target Audience (TA) lifestyle to integrated where media is viewed as complementary and guided by insights ( data and TA).
With a strong focus on current shifts and changes in consumer media behaviour, this course ensures media planners combine creative thinking with factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns reach their target audiences as effectively as possible
On completing the module the student should :
- Have a clear understanding of various media terminologies
- Deliberate on and challenge media briefs from the agency or client
- Develop a deep analysis of consumers and media consumption behavior
- Align the marketing/ communication objectives with media goals
- Develop media strategy, plan and implementation of efficient investment
- Media, Concepts and Terminology
- Media Research
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Integrated Media Planning – The Brief, Consumer Analysis and Insight
- Connections Planning and Strategy
- Story Telling
- Market Prioritization and Media plans
- Mastering the Art of Integration (Case studies/Practical)
- Campaign Evaluation and Data analysis
Who is this For?
Anyone playing a role that requires a deeper understanding of consumer behavior in order to make decisions around communication, messaging hooks and connections. Marketing/ brand practitioners, Agency practitioners, business owners.
College or university qualification, experience in marketing or brand communications for at least one year. More than 2 years experience in other disciplines
Delivery and Assessment
Relevant reading material
Practical case studies
Ongoing assignments per session
Assignments – on identified case throughout the Module, and final project
Contact hours :24 hours
Group Work : 10 hours
Assignment : 3 hours (Presentation)
Study hours : 30 hours
Teaching Pattern :Lectures + videos + case studies + group work presentation
We are more than glad to get in touch with you to share more details regarding Integrated Media Management under the Integrated Brand Communications (IBC) training program and the ongoing intake. Simply leave your contact information below and we’ll get in touch with you.