Our client is one of the fasted growing Integrated Marketing Communications Agencies in East Africa. They are seeking to fill the position below.
Role in Summary
Advertising account executives or managers are entry to mid-level account management people who work within advertising or multi-service agencies, acting as a link between clients and the agency. They are responsible for the coordination of integrated campaigns and therefore communicating clearly to all those involved.
They must understand their clients’ needs and objectives and liaise closely with them throughout campaigns, often on a daily basis. They manage administrative and campaign work and ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget
The will work with clients under the supervision of an Account Director and/ or Client Service Director
The work of a digital marketing practitioner (DMP) is likely to vary company to company depending on the sector or industry he/she is working in.
Digital agencies often analyse, design, execute and monitor digital marketing campaigns on behalf of their clients in various industry sectors, such as consumer, business-to-business (B2B), financial or healthcare, etc.
Tasks typically involve:
Tasks typically involve:
Routine tasks include;
• Meeting and liaising with clients to discuss and identify their advertising requirements
• Working with agency colleagues to devise integrated campaign that meets the client’s brief and budget
• Presenting alongside agency colleagues (particularly the account manager/ director), the campaign ideas and budget to the client
• Working with the account director to brief media, creative, digital, planners; and assisting with the formulation of marketing communication strategies
• Ensuring that communication flows effectively
• Negotiating with clients on campaign details and costs
• Handling budgets, managing campaign costs and invoicing clients
• Writing client reports
• Monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns
• Making ‘pitches’, along with other agency staff, to try to win new business for the agency
You will need to show evidence of the following:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative
• Excellent organisational skills
• The ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail; drive
• Flexibility and willingness to learn
• Effective teamworking skills
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• A passion for advertising and an understanding of what makes a good advertisement
• A willingness to learn
• Resilience, to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism
• IT literacy and an awareness of how the industry is developing in light of new communication technologies
One year experience in Agency or fresh graduates with a sound understand of Brand Communications